Isaiah 13

Isaiah 13:11 NIV

I will punish the world for its evil,
the wicked for their sins.
I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty
and will humble the pride of the ruthless.

I realize that growing up in America, growing up in an American church, I have not really experienced much of what it means to be a stranger in this world. My world, my family, my culture has for the most part been pretty supportive and respectful of my faith. I know that is not true of my brothers in much of the world.

As disciples of Jesus Christ we are pilgrims and strangers in this world. This is not our home. Jesus said that in this world we would have tribulation. As stranger in this world that is to be expected. As believers in Jesus that should not surprise us, and yet our natural tendency is to be offended that we are not treated fairly. As we face increasing opposition to biblical truth we need to keep in mind that our affliction is temporary but the affliction of those who oppose God will be eternal. God will one day "put an end to the arrogance of the haughty and will humble the pride of the ruthless."

Father, why is it that I so easily forget this? Today may I live in light of eternity.

By His grace,
Rick Weinert
District Superintendent
EFCA Northern Mtn District

Comments