Isaiah 43

Isaiah 43:25 NIV

"I, even I, am he who blots out
your transgressions, for my own sake,
and remembers your sins no more.

This chapter records God's passionate love for his people, promising their restoration. God will bring them together from every corner of the earth, from north, south, east and west. They were created and formed for God's glory. He is the only true God and they are his special people. But...

Israel was created and formed for God's glory and forgiven for her sins yet she has repeatedly and continually ignored God. I know how a grandparent feels when a grandchild won't come to him. I know how a parent feels when a child appears to be headed down a wrong path in life. I know how a spiritual shepherd feels when one under his care makes spiritually destructive decisions with their life. That cannot even come close to how God must feel watching those he created for his glory choose to ignore him, assign his glory to another, and make decisions in life that destructive. Yet God loves them.

Father, I am amazed by you and your love for me. Forgive me for the times I have ignored you. Forgive me for the times I have justified poor decisions. Forgive me for the times I have looked to something else to provide the meaning, significance and security that can ultimately come only from you. Thank you for your overwhelming and unending grace. Today may I listen well to you and walk closely with you.

By His grace,
Rick Weinert

Comments