Isaiah 62

Isaiah 62:6, 10 NIV

I have posted watchmen on your walls, Jerusalem;
they will never be silent day or night.
You who call on the Lord ,
give yourselves no rest,

Pass through, pass through the gates!
Prepare the way for the people.
Build up, build up the highway!
Remove the stones.
Raise a banner for the nations.

Jerusalem will one day be restored as the glorious city of the Lord. The kings of the earth will see her glory. She will be "a crown of splendor in the Lord 's hand, a royal diadem in the hand of [her] God." So what does that have to do with me? The two verses above give us two applications. First, we need to be praying for the restoration of Jerusalem." Second, we need to be working to prepare the way. "Prepare the way for the people."

Praying for Israel and Jerusalem I understand. I'm a little more uncertain about what it means to prepare the way. Is this about supporting the political entity called Israel? Is this about financially supporting Israel? Is this about taking the gospel to Israel and surrounding areas? Is that simply about promoting the gospel and making disciples wherever we are? I'm not sure, but my guess is that it is some kind of combination of those things. What I do know is that ultimately Israel's hope is in the discovery of her Messiah, Jesus.

Father, forgive me for my prayerlessness, and particularly for my prayerlessness regarding Israel. By your grace I will add Israel and Jerusalem to my pray and watch list. May I be faithful in calling on you in this matter.

By His grace,
Rick Weinert

Comments