Hebrews 1

Hebrews 1:4, 14 NIV

So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Angels are sent to serve those who are saved. Jesus came to save us. Angels are created beings. Jesus is God, Lord and creator. The point of this chapter is not to put down angels, but to exalt Jesus. There is a chorus with the line, "Jesus is my friend." That is true. Jesus said to his disciples, "I have called you friends." But he is not only our friend. He is also King of kings, Lord of lords, and God of all creation and so we also sing, "God of wonders beyond our galaxy, You are holy, holy. The universe declares your majesty. You are holy, holy, Lord of heaven and earth.

Jesus, I fear that I am sometimes inclined to worship your creation more that to worship you. May I see you today when I look out the window or glance up at the clouds. Today may my life be characterized by worship directed toward you alone.

By His grace,
Rick Weinert

Comments