Hebrews 6

Hebrews 6:18-19 ESV

so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain,

God calls us to hold fast. The motivation for holding fast is not loss of salvation. It is not God's anger or disappointment. It is not fear or uncertainty. The motivation for holding fast is the unchangeable, faithful promise of God. I hold fast to him because I am secure in him. I hold fast to him because he gave me his word and he cannot lie. I hold fast to him because he is faithful. My faithfulness depends wholly on his faithfulness.

Father, thank you that my salvation rests in the sure and certain truth of Christ's work on my behalf. He died for me and rose again. He has entered into the most holy place of your presence and is waiting there for me. May my life imitate the the faith and patience of those who have gone before me, not to gain your favor, but because I stand in your favor because of Jesus.

By His grace,
Rick Weinert

Comments