Ezekiel 32

Ezk 32:2
2 " Son of man, raise a lamentation over Pharaoh king of Egypt and say to him:
"You consider yourself a lion of the nations,
but you are like a dragon in the seas;
you burst forth in your rivers,
trouble the waters with your feet,
and foul their rivers.
(ESV)

Sin and pride have the incredible ability to blind us to the most obvious truth. Egypt stands thinking of herself as a lion, a king among nations. God sees her as a dragon muddying and fouling the life giving waters of the Nile. We wonder how criminals can live with their violence, how abusers can justify their behaviour, how someone who is guilty can look you in the eye and say, "I am innocent." The truth is, sin blinds as well as it binds.

Sin causes us to think we see clearly when we are actually just making more muddy water. We feel secure, significant and justified living in our little mud hole, never realizing that God is offering clean water. We think that we have found happiness, never realizing that we are "wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked" (Rev 3:17) Sin blinds and sin binds. Sin promises freedom and delivers slavery every time.

Father, lift the blinders of sin in my life today. If there is any sin in my life that I am justifying, excusing or ignoring, please  open my eyes to see it today. May I be quick to humble myself before you, agree with you about my sin and find true freedom in your forgiveness and truth.

By His grace,
Rick Weinert

Comments