Psalms 27:11-14 (ESV)
[11] Teach me your way, O LORD,
and lead me on a level path
because of my enemies.
[12] Give me not up to the will of my adversaries;
for false witnesses have risen against me,
and they breathe out violence.
[13] I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living!
[14] Wait for the LORD;
be strong, and let your heart take courage;
wait for the LORD!

In a world that feels like it has gone crazy and is out of control, in a world where honest people are locked up in their homes while anarchists take over their cities, in a world where good is called evil and evil is called good, these verses speak loudly. This is a Psalm of David. He gave his country hope when he killed Goliath with a stone. He served his king by playing music for King Saul when he was oppressed. He protected people and refused to kill the king when he had the opportunity. Yet he was attacked and chased all over the country fleeing for his life. Still, his prayer was “Teach me your way, O LORD. . . . Give me not up to the will of my adversaries. . . . I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD. . . . Wait for the LORD.” In these days may we too learn to wait for the LORD and trust in him.

Comments