2 Timothy 1:1 - Reflecting the Promise of Life in Christ

 2 Timothy 1:1 (ESV)

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God according to the promise of the life that is in Christ Jesus,

The Bible Knowledge Commentary says of this verse, “The promise of life in Christ, the gospel, was the reason for and the yardstick of Paul’s apostleship.” That statement gives me pause to wonder how my own life and ministry aligns with the “promise of life in Christ.” Do the things I think, say, and do align with the gospel? Do they reflect Christ? Do they express the grace, mercy, and peace that Paul refers to in the next verse? Or do they express anxiety, impatience, and frustration?  It would be good for believers to reflect on the conversations they have had over the past week, and the self-talk they have been doing. Those conversations may reveal more about what I really believe than I realize. Have they been filled with expressions of grace or anxiety, mercy or impatience, peace or frustration? Lord, forgive me. May my life be lived according to your promise of life in Christ Jesus today.

Comments